Youth Convention is a weekend event for students in 6th-12th grades who want to know God in a closer way and share time with friends. The weekend includes special speakers, worship band, workshops to help you grow in your faith, staying together in a hotel with a pool and free breakfast, going out to eat, late night mystery adventure, free pizza party, opportunity to play sports against other churches, a visit to the mall, and of course, lots of time to build friendships with God and others.
Dates & Location: October 27-29, 2023 — La Crosse, WI
Cost: $150 per person (plus meals). If money is an object to going, contact Pastor Jonathan to find out about fundraisers and scholarships at 920-855-2962 (calls only) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Price Includes: Travel, hotel, conference, pizza party and 2 breakfasts. Bring money for 2 lunches, & 1-2 dinners.
Deadlines: Register and pay at least $65 deposit per student (non-refundable) by Wednesday,
September 27 October 4 to avoid the $10 late fee per student. The balance is due Wednesday, October 25.
Leave: Be in the church parking lot by 10:00 am on Oct. 27th.
Meals: Bring a lunch to eat in van on Friday. Bring money for 2 lunches, and 1-2 dinners ($10-15 per meal is appropriate; most people skip Saturday dinner). Breakfast is included.
Return: We plan to be in Gillett around 6:00 pm on Sunday. Your student can call from the road to give you an exact pick up time.
Sports: Students can join their friends to form a basketball, dodgeball, or football team to play on Saturday afternoon against other youth groups. Sign ups are in the gym.
Extras: Shirt is required if you do not have a modest 1-piece swimsuit.
We WILL be OUTSIDE for extended periods of time! Check the weather and bring appropriate outdoor clothing for cold/rain.
10:00a Meet at Hillside A/G Church. Bring bag lunch to eat in van
4:00p Check in at Hotel & Convention then to downtown for dinner
8:30p Session #1
8:00a Breakfast in hotel (included)
9:30a Session #2
12:00p Lunch at TBD & Free Time (sports, shopping, swimming)
8:00p Session #3
LATE Pizza Party at the hotel! (included)
8:00a Breakfast in hotel (included)
10:00a Session #4
12:00p Lunch at Fast Food
6:00p Arrive at Hillside A/G Church
What to Bring
- A good attitude! 🙂
- Prescription medications (give to room leader)
- Casual clothes
- Clothes for outdoor activities
- Clothes for sports
- Warm coat
- Modest swimsuit
- Plastic bag for wet clothes
- Bag lunch for Friday to eat in van
- Money for meals
1. Friday dinner
2. Saturday lunch
3. Saturday dinner [optional]
4. Sunday lunch
- Money for souvenirs/shopping (optional)
What NOT to Bring
Leave these at home: Valuables (we aren’t responsible for your stuff), Energy drinks, Excessive caffeine, Weapons, Alcohol, Tobacco, Drugs, Fireworks.
Gundersen Hotel & Suites // 1520 Clinic Ct, La Crosse, WI 54601 // (608) 793-0200
Youth Convention Guidelines
- Students are assigned to a chaperone. Each room is pre-assigned. Chaperones will enforce rules for the welfare of all participants.
- Each student must stay with the group. Also, stay with your buddy and a chaperone must know where you are at all times.
- Students must sit with our group for every service.
- Electronics are not recommended; we are not responsible if they are lost or stolen. Please focus on being on the trip and not on your phone.
- Curfew will be announced, after which each person must be in their room, not disturb other guests, and turn out the lights.
- Any damage that occurs in a hotel room will be the responsibility of ALL of the occupants assigned to that room.
- Motel telephones are for necessary use only.
- Follow the hotel pool rules and posted hours.
Our goals are to have fun and think so we need to:
- Keep a positive attitude and language
- Limit public displays of affection (PDA)
- Stay in the designated places/areas
The following is NOT ALLOWED:
- Energy Drinks/excessive caffeine
Chaperones will try to resolve problems directly and quickly and warn students when their behavior is out of order. Any student who completely disregards the rules and is not willing to listen to the chaperones will be sent home at the parent’s expense. Keep in mind our hotel is over 200 miles away from Gillett. So please come wanting to have a fun weekend, grow closer to God and others, and make some great memories!